Alderman & Devorsetz assists clients with their business affairs, including:
- Choosing and organizing their business entities (C or S corporations, limited liability companies or partnerships);
- Drafting organizational documents that establish governance policies (bylaws, articles of organization or incorporation, operating agreements and partnership agreements);
- Preparing employee handbooks and other employment documents;
- Negotiating and reviewing leases and purchase agreements;
- General contract negotiation, drafting and review; and
- Navigating the relevant governmental regulations and agencies.
The Firm also counsels its clients with respect to the federal, state and local regulatory hurdles that affect their business, provides legal opinions on regulatory issues and advocates on behalf of our clients before administrative bodies.
We represent clients in healthcare, employment, immigration and environmental matters before various administrative agencies, including the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly INS), the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives, the DC Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking, the DC Office of Contracting and Procurement, the DC Department of Consumer & Regulatory Affairs and the DC Office of Local Business Development.